Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mexico

Of course there's the one big trip to Disneyland that you just have to make with your kids, even as a single mom, in fact more-so up for the challenge I am determined to make it before my son is 13.  I see no point in doubting that we will be there within the next year.

But then there's the year after year holiday people take with their children to a cabin on some lake, or a favorite campground, even at Christmas or New Years up to a ski mountain.  I admire that those people are that adventurous and organized.  As for my children, I just want to jump on a plane with a small carry on to Mexico with mine and land on the beach.

There's something about Mexico, the city life and how powerful the waves are on the beaches.  There's something in the water (haha, something good too) and there's something in the air.  It's a country of color, it's in everything from the casas to the sunsets, and it's still in my eyes for weeks when I get back.  It's such a romantic place that going alone makes it more romantic and coming home is a melt-down before you leave.

Mexico isn't as affordable as it used to be, but it's magical.  And it's good that it is growing and rising in rank.  It's a wonderful Spring holiday, it's a beautiful place to dream about day and night.  When I love it, I know I love it.  I can't wait to watch Frida all over again just to imagine I am there in my own bath in the warm light of the Mexican Sun.

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment